1. From Win Over PTSD: “Signs That You’re Healing Your PTSD”:
This is the list of seven criteria for having resolved trauma. It was created by Claudia Black, Ph.D.
1. The physiological symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder have been brought within manageable limits.
2. The person is able to bear the feelings associated with the traumatic memories.
3. The person has authority over his/her memories. He/she can elect to remember the trauma and to put that memory aside.
4. The memory of the traumatic event/s is a coherent narrative, linked with feeling.
5. The person’s damaged self-esteem has been restored.
I think healing in ourselves often goes unnoticed. It’s nice to have these concrete signs to let us ponder the ways in which we may be healing…
View original post 685 more words